Monday, July 13, 2009

Who Introduced You to Snow Sports?

My favorite snow sport, skiing, has always been all about family for me. My parents loved to ski and from age 3 on, they would drop my brother and I off at ski school while they hit the slopes. As for ski school, I hated every second that I wasn't on the slopes. I didn't want to watch videos or color or even eat lunch: I wanted to be like Mom and Dad and get out on that snow! Luckily, my whining paid off and they decided that teaching me to ski (on a leash!) was a better idea.

More recently, I've passed along my love of snow sports to two close friends, and now we go on an annual trip where I ski, they take their annual snowboard lesson, I laugh when they complain at how sore they are, and then we end up snowshoeing the rest of the weekend. I may not have passed along my hunger for fresh powder, but I always smile when we're able to spend time together outdoors in the winter rather than staying cooped up all weekend.


I'm interested to learn who introduced you to snow sports, and who you have introduced!

No comments:

Post a Comment